Monday, March 26, 2012

86/366: Towering


This is the carillon tower at my uni; apparently we're special because we actually have two carillon towers, one on Central campus (pictured here) and one on North campus, although my undergrad university also had two carillon towers, so.. maybe *I'm* special? :P This one gets played a fair amount, especially at Christmas time when they play carols.

Also see the Runner-ups page for a sidewalk-chalk message I passed on my way to school this morning.



Ann Arbor, MI

~Sil

3 comments:

  1. We have a carillon tower here.
    Not as tall as yours, it's in the tower of City Hall. They only play the bells at noon though.

    Neat towers.

    Calma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice photos Sil. I like the runner-ups just as much as the towers!!

    Ooooh... The Two Towers... :o


    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that what the towers are for?? I did not know that!!! Very cool!!

    Yes The Two Towers!!! :D

    ReplyDelete