Saturday, April 7, 2012

98/366 - New flowers and aliens!

In contrast to Rowanberry's post, here are some photos of my columbine flowering. They've been battling with leaf mould this year (again, they had it last year too) and have started flowering. Amazingly, they're producing more flowers than they did last year (I suspect it is because I doused them with stuff for the mould which I was more reticent with last year). My blue and white ones have already flowered once and are the most ill, but my rose and white ones (which never really appeared last year) and my plain white ones are flowering at the moment, so here are some photos of them.





We went for a walk today after lunch out. Part of the walk was along the canal. Imagine our surprise when we saw that there was an alien visitor on the other side of the canal!

4 comments:

  1. Lovely flowers...

    And which Dr. is in thre?

    LoL, Love it!

    Calma

    ReplyDelete
  2. helion those are beautiful Columbines hon. Mine are just barely peeking out of the soil.

    Who was the alien? Were you speaking of the phone booth and Dr. Who? Or am I missing something? :whistle:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful to have the doctor visit

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I didn't know you could keep columbines indoors - pretty blossoms. :D

    And the tardis there is so cool - did you find out what it was doing there? :D I mean, was it a cleverly designed outhouse, or what? :D

    ReplyDelete