Tuesday, April 12, 2011

102/365 Alpaca "wool"

In April I look forward to the MAPACA (Mid-Altantic Alpaca Assoc.) Jubilee at the State Farm Show building in Harrisburg.  Unfortunately, I do not have any alpacas, but I love the stuff they make from the wool/fiber!!!  There is nothing warmer than a pair of alpaca socks!  This year I got another pair of socks and a lovely brown mock-neck cable sweater.  My photo.... some baskets of fiber from several award winners.

hee. 




~Tooks in Southcentral PA...

3 comments:

  1. If I knew the sounds an alpaca makes I would make it here...but I don't so...

    SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

    The white looks so soft. Glad you had a great time.

    Jules

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooo I love how soft they are too. We have that Alpaca ranch just around the corner from us here. It is up for sale if you want them Tooks darlin!! The entire ranch with a gift shop and all the fun little critters.

    Vana

    Great shot of the winning fleeces hon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My cats would love that stuff. :D

    Nice picture.

    Calma

    ReplyDelete