Wednesday, April 20, 2011

110/365: Lake Oswego

Visiting the old stomping grounds!!


Yesterday I had to pick up a check from a job we completed in downtown Lake Oswego.  When I first moved to this area I got a place in Vancouver, WA.  The job I got?  Tualatin, Oregon - one hour commute each way IF the traffic wasn't too bad.
So I moved to beautiful Lake Oswego, Oregon.  It is a smallish quiet town, I loved it very much.  Imagine how surprised I was when I got into downtown and found that they had done a "beautification project" and this statue caught my eye.  

I am told it is a fountain, but not running yet due to the season.  It represents Native American women.  Why she has no arms is beyond me, but there is some beauty in it to my eye.
Also I wish that seafood restaurant/bar would have been there when I lived in that town. 

Enjoy...
Jules

Taken 04/19/11 :  4pm - Lake Oswego, OR

2 comments:

  1. Very unique sculpture but very intriguing too!! I like it very much.

    Isn't that they way things are? Once you have left they come up with what they lacked but you are no longer there to get to enjoy it. :D

    Vana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting statue, Jules.
    I don't know if I like it yet.

    Yeah, they probably waited until you got out of town before they put that restrurant in. Just to bug the poochies outta ya.... ;)

    Nice shot, though.

    Calma

    ReplyDelete