Friday, April 22, 2011

112/365 - Cheerful pansies



[I'm stepping in to provide a photo for today as PatriotBlade has computer trouble.]

As the snapdragons that had been around our front lawn gave up the ghost this winter, I'd planned to put things in troughs at the front of the house this summer. The weather has been glorious for about the past week and as such my pansies are now strong enough to be moved to the front (it can get pretty windy where I live, which really affects the plants I can use, particularly at the front of the house, which bears the brunt of the wind).

In the sunshine, they are very pretty and cheerful. :) (You may want to click on the photo to see the bigger image.)

3 comments:

  1. I love pansies, they are such a happy flower. May they grow and bloom for you all season. Also your house looks so fresh and ready for summer.

    Thanks,
    Jules

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the look of the planters in front of the house. That is very much what I am going to have to do here since the rain gutters run down to a black drain pipe that runs the length of the flower beds in front and back of the house. Must not clog them with roots or they wont work. So the planters was what we were looking into. Thank you cause I see just how pretty and clean they look filled with the renewed life of Spring!!

    Love it!!
    Vana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty pansies, heliona and a very cheery house and yard.

    Calma

    ReplyDelete