Wednesday, April 13, 2011

103/365: Gift from Greece

Maybe some ouzo?  Or Greek Olive Oil?  Nope!!


When I lived in Athens I had a birthday come around and this is the gift that our "driver" got for me.  It is porcelain and lace with little silk rosettes and is very dear to me.  Our driver was with us every single day to take my mother to her medical treatments.  Without him, I just don't know how we would have made it financially.  He also included us on trips to different sights around Greece when he had a paying customer.  His name was Yorge (George) and I heard that he has passed now.
I have managed not to break it in all my moves about, the year was 1986.  

Sometimes when I am remembering just how great it all was (the six months in Greece) I stare at this and still get misty.

Enjoy,
Jules

4 comments:

  1. Oh Jules what special memories! :hug:

    Some folks touch our lives in ways they can never imagine and they leave their footprints upon our heart and soul. This man was truly an angel in disguise.

    Love the reason you chose this and how it means so much to you.

    I love it!
    Vana

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really very pretty, Jules.
    Cool prezzie... :D
    From a nice guy.

    Calma

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish i had a Greece memory! I would prolly remember blue waters and that nice bus driver too!! I like stories with pics and now when i see a lil harlequin mask, i might even think of Greece for some odd reason... :D ~Enty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enty!! You joined up and are viewing our little website. I am so impressed!! Also you are looking lovely as ever my friend.

    I wish you had a Greece memory too. Your words make me think you have seen the movie My Life in Ruins? The bus driver in that movie was a HOTTIE.

    I hope you will post a piccie with us very soon. Like Friday? Just send the link to Sil, here and she will get it up for you until other decisions are made.

    Vandarlin', ((hugs)) Indeed some people really do touch us in ways unseen for years and years to come. I am so happy you appreciated this little story and picture.

    Thank you too Calma. I actually took one that you liked. :D That makes me feel good. I don't score most weeks. ;)

    ReplyDelete