Sunday, April 24, 2011

114/365 - Tulips in full bloom


The Tulip fields of Skagit County are in full bloom now. Traffic is backed up all the way down I-5 to towns south of us. Yesterday it took one couple 4 hours to get here from Seattle a usual 1 hour trip. Its amazing how many folks come to view the tulips each Spring. We were lucky we took this picture on Wednesday when there was no traffic at all. But yesterday it was sunny, warm and a weekend day, just the perfect combination for a drive to the fields.

Vana

Photo taken in West Mount Vernon near La Conner, WA.

4 comments:

  1. Next time you should stop and take a picture closer up!!! Those look so beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a ton of tulips to be sure. Very colorful. :D

    Jules

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will need to get a better camera to do close ups. My little digital does not do them well. But I use what I have. Maybe you should come for a visit Ro and bring your camera. ;) Would love to have you visit us.

    Vana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, maybe not macro but there's a lot of space in between that and what you have... I would love to see a shot from among those flowers.Well, the very edge of the field, ok, don't want to trample them!!!

    I'd love to visit, your photos show such wonderful landscapes. But it's a long way and a lot of dollars to get to America. And when I go, my priority is a certain Frelga in California >:) Maybe in the future!!!

    ReplyDelete