Thursday, May 5, 2011

125/365 Spice it UP!


Penzey's Spices
Milwaukee, Wisconsin





This is the baking section. It has cocoa's, cinnamons, extracts, and other spices commonly used for baking. They have NINE different types of cinnamon!







This section has spices commonly used in cooking, herbs, seasoning mixes, gift sets and salt/pepper grinder sets.







This particular Penzey's is in a warehouse type building and it is the headquarters for Penzey's spices.
Even so, it's quite a nice shop, attached to the building where all of the spices come in & are packaged.
I have been to one other Penzey's store and it is set up in similar fashion.
Each spice/blend/extract, etc.. offered has a 'smelling jar' so that you can tell exactly 
what the spice smells like before purchase. I often end up sneezing at least once while I'm there.
If you love to cook or bake, as I do, this is a great place to visit.
Their California seasoned pepper, smoked Hungarian paprika, and Extra Fancy Vietnamese Cassia
(a variety of cinnamon ) are my favorites.

Dawn/RoseMorninStar

3 comments:

  1. ooOooo. I've ordered from Penzey's. There is no store near me. *sob*

    ~Tooks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rose this place looks like heaven on earth!!! I would have waaaaaayy too much fun there. It is very much like visiting one of my tea stores. Totally spectacular!!

    Vana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too. I could get lost in this place and blow a sizable bank roll as well.

    Someday I would love to visit there.

    Great photos Rose.
    J

    ReplyDelete