Saturday, May 7, 2011

127/365 - A Merseyside Sunset



So I promised something much better this week, and I hope I have delivered. :)

This was taken from work on a night shift. The weather had been glorious and therefore so had the sunsets. I missed a great photo opportunity the previous day when a tall ship was sailing out of the Mersey, so I was determined to take my camera the next day. This is the result.

Sometimes working the night shift has its rewards. :) (If you click on the photo, you can see the larger version and get the full effect. :))

5 comments:

  1. Wow, what a gorgeous shot.
    Love the boat in the distance, too.

    When you mentioned the Mersey, my mind went back to the '60's and Gerry and the Pacemakers.

    Can't help it....

    Calma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Calma, I can understand why! :D This is actually the entrance to the River Mersey - the ship is heading out. To the left of the photo is the mouth of the river itself - gateway to the Port of Liverpool. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "So ferry 'cross the Mersey, 'cause this lands the land I love...and here I'll stay."

    OUTSTANDING photo!!!! You sure did make up in spades on this one. :D

    Jules

    ReplyDelete