Thursday, May 26, 2011

146/365 Home Idyll


A mere 15 minutes' walk from my place there's this bit of idyll - grounds that belong to a local riding club, with stables in an old farm-house, pasture land and corrals (if that's the right word) for exercising the horses.
I went there today to collect some elderflowers, and got a lovely walk and some very nice photos into the bargain. :D
This type of place is also among my favourites: friendly shades of green, and a harmonious mix of trees, bushes, meadows, paths - nothing extreme. Just makes me happy. :)

4 comments:

  1. Hey Hobby, I love the picture of the horsies. :D Beautiful. This pasture is very serene and peaceful looking.

    Makes me happy too. :D

    See the thread for advice on enlarging the photo. I was able to click and enlarge it, so you can change it from the settings.

    Jules

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love horses and these are very cute!! Fields of green bring peace to my soul and spirit. Maybe it is a connections with the earth or with the elven side of us, I do not know. But it is nice when we find these places that still hold some of the peace of nature. Thank you for sharing it with us Monika.

    Vana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Horsiiieeeees :D So nice to have a place close to home where it's green and peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My horse obsession ended a long time ago, but these a pretty horses all the same.

    Calma

    ReplyDelete