Tuesday, May 24, 2011

144/365: Tuesday Tooks Photo

I have a bluebird house out in the vegie garden that has never actually sheltered any bluebirds.  There have been wrens, chickadees, and sparrows that raised families there, but no bluebirds. 
This year I'm out in the yard and Lo!  I see bluebirds flitting in and out.  Finally!
 
So I get my camera and the dog, pull up a lawn chair and we sit out in the yard waiting for a bluebird so I can snap a pic.  Just as I'm getting settled,  Mrs. Bluebird flies into the house.  "Good," I say.  "I'll have my camera ready for when she comes out."  So I have my camera aimed and focused,  and we wait.   And wait.  The wait some more.  The dog gets interested  in some noise a neighbor is making.  I get bored.  I ended up taking a pic of the back of the dog's head.  "There," I said,  "That is my Torc photo for the week." 
 
And it was going to be the photo, except the day was saved by a chipmunk!  Later that same day I looked out on the deck and saw this little guy exploring.  I grabbed my camera and got a few good shots.  hee hee.  It is impossible for Tooks to be outsmarted by wildlife.  
 
 
Posted by Jules for Tooks - Tuesday 05/24/11

5 comments:

  1. Awwww!!! I love wildlife and this little fellow sure fits the bill. I am glad you did capture some of the fun going on in your back yard hon. Maybe mommy bluebird is sitting on her eggs and we will get a photo of the family later this summer. Keep your eyes and camera ready for it!!

    Vana

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. Great photo, but better story to go with. Hope all is well with you and come back to us soon.

    Jules

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now we need to see the back of your doggie's head. :D
    Cute little fella there, though.

    Calma

    ReplyDelete
  4. Squueeeeeeee! So adorable!!

    ReplyDelete