Tuesday, May 10, 2011

130/365 Greenery!!!

At the west end of Hummelstown is a small park that includes the 'Hummel Nature Trail'.  The trail loops through the woods along the bank of the Swatara Creek then goes through some….swampland is the best word, I guess….and fields.  The wooded path had lots of Virginia bluebells and white violets, but today’s pic is the swamp!!  All the rain we had this Spring has made it even swampier.  The skunk cabbage is HUGE in the swampiest parts of the swamp.  Swamp is a very neat word. 



Thankfully, it is a bit too early for the mosquitoes.

~Tooks in PA

4 comments:

  1. Is this where Kermit lives? Very swampy!! Reminds me of Louisiana, where I was born.

    Great pic.
    Jules

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these secluded little swamp lands cause they are so very serene to look at and very peaceful. I bet when the mosquitoes are out this place is deserted because of the misery those little suckers cause. But I love the picture today!!

    Vana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very swampy and very pretty! I love the light. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Neat picture, Tooks. :D
    Looks like a place to hang out just to see what you can see.
    Well, before the mosquitoes arrive anyway.

    Calma

    ReplyDelete