Friday, November 11, 2011

315/365 In The Countryside

Today, I went to get my younger daughter home from her school, about an hour's drive from home.

The school is really located in the country. It was originally a big farm where a couple of teachers started to keep a school for handicapped children and young in late 19th century, and by now,  it has grown into a real education centre for "different learners". And, it's a very nice place.

I had my camera with me, and took some pictures of the surroundings. As there are so many of them, I'll keep them rather small in the post; click on the images to see a bigger version. Too bad that the weather wasn't any better.


A couple of the old houses in the school area


 A field on the other side of the road




The gardening department and one of the greenhouses seen from the parking lot


An artificial pond near the greenhouses



It was already getting dark when we left. But, this is taken in front of my daughter's dorm, and is approximately what she can see from her window.

Janakkala, Finland
by Rowanberry

2 comments:

  1. Cool pictures, rowan!
    Loved the last one most.

    Calma

    ReplyDelete
  2. All lovely photos. Your daughter is fortunate to go to a school that is in such lovely surroundings. :D

    Jules

    ReplyDelete