Saturday, November 19, 2011

323/365 - Cupcakes!

I made some cupcakes a few days ago. I'm in practise for Christmas. :D They didn't come out quite as well as I wanted. The recipe I was using I had to adapt, and I don't think had enough batter, so some of them are rather tiny. Also, I left them in the oven a couple of minutes too long as they're a little dry. I also had trouble with the icing. The recipe didn't mention icing, so I had to guess how much I'd need. I think I made a slightly too little, to be honest. I was initially going to have four different colours of icing to match the four different tops, but I lost patience! Also, I'd thought that my largest piping nozzle was a little too small for the effect that I wanted and it turns out that it was. :D

Still, lessons learned and next time they'll be better (and I now have a cake and cupcake recipe book, so less of an excuse!). The icing does taste delicious, though (it's buttercream icing with orange flavour).

Halloween cupcakes in a groovy holder


The cupcake pan and holder I just recently bought from a website called Planet Bake and is fabulous. I also bought some non-toxic glitter to put in the icing, although I didn't put enough in, so another lesson learned!

The decorations are Halloween because I got them cheap just after Halloween. :D (A couple of the green icing cucpakes are rather messy because I was trying to get rid of the icing out of my icing syringe. I think I need a piping bag.)

2 comments:

  1. They look yummy!

    The holder is a neat thing, too.

    Calma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I have one of those cupcake carriers too. I don't make cupcakes though I probably should.

    Yours look yummy and very well decorated.

    Jules

    ReplyDelete