Sunday, November 20, 2011

324/365 - Double Bluff Garden on Whidbey Island


























Ryan is helping his mother do some gardening on his days off that I am working. So this is one of the many gardens on Whidbey Island that she tends. This one is at Double Bluff. The gardens have changed over the years that we have visited this site. It is gorgeous now with the stone steps that form the stairway up to a small pagoda on a stone table. Ryan wanted to share the colors with me from this falls lovely foliage. It is very pretty!!!

On the other side of the hedge around the yard is the Puget Sound and the beach. The hedge literally can be covered with water in an extremely high tide in a storm. The view from slightly above is fabulous and why he did not take pic of it, I do not know. It is a favorite place we love to visit when we are on the island. It is owned by a friend of Ryan's mom.

3 comments:

  1. Love the garden.
    Cool pictures.

    Calma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great area, I think you have shown us other parts of her property.

    Just lovely.

    Jules

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is not her property but one of the many gardens she tends on the island. She is a professional gardener. I wish I had half her talent and love of gardening. I always ask here when I have a question about my yard or flower beds.

    Vana

    ReplyDelete