Wednesday, November 16, 2011

320/365: Recharge your engines

I keep this in my car always!!



About six months after I got my Volvo the battery was having major issues and I had to call three days in a row to get the auto club to start the car so I could get to work.  Each time the person told me that it wasn't the battery, but some other issue.
I had all the cables checked, connections and other reasons that might cause the battery to lose the charge overnight.  I took the battery to an auto parts store and while they were checking the charge, I saw this nifty item.  It is light weight, has a light and a plug in for other items like a radio or very small portable TV.

The auto parts place said that the battery was fine, but for the next three months, I had to use this mini charger every morning to start the car.  At the end of the day it did turn out to be a bad battery and when it was replaced, it never lost the charge again. 
I still keep this in my car just in case and recharge it once a month.  It was $25.00, not a bad price for peace of mind.

Jules

1 comment:

  1. Been there, done that.
    Got the little ditty you have. :D

    Though after the second no start, I would have gotten a new battery just to be safe. Also would have checked the alternator.

    Glad you're on the road and safe.

    Calma.

    ReplyDelete