Monday, November 14, 2011

318/365: Courtyard


My school recently finished a new dorm/classroom/dining hall complex. It's very shiny and up-to-date and huge, and has this great courtyard, pictured here, which reminds me somehow of a monastery -- the first thing I thought of when I walked through it was my visit to Assisi, Italy. ...Except for the little coffee shop right next to where I was standing when I took this picture, and all the students with backpacks and cell phones. ;) They've also set up tables to study and eat at and planted trees, too -- I may have to go sit there and write once the weather warms up!

Ann Arbor, MI

~Sil

3 comments:

  1. Ooo, nice. :D
    Looks like a neat place to hit the books or just chill...

    Calma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reminds me a bit of parts of Hogwarts. ;) Lovely photo and place to visit when the weather turns nice again.

    Jules

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, reminded me of that bridge at Hogwarts, too, except brighter and newer. So your pictures are very nice---why do you think you need a fancy-shmancy camera??

    ReplyDelete