Thursday, November 24, 2011

328/365 Feedin' Time

For which my Pippin-pup is Thankful!

Today is the holiday of 'Thanksgiving' in America.
The Holidays' origins go back to the early 1600's when the Pilgrims nearly starved the first year on this continent. They were helped by the generosity of the local Indians.
Most cultures have 'Thanksgiving' traditions going back even farther .. thanks for a bountiful harvest.

Since I am posting this very early in the morning, I do not as yet have a photo of my Thanksgiving meal. However, as some of you know, I make my own dog food after our Pippin had health problems brought on by store-bought food. 
I made a batch this week so I thought I'd take a picture of what it looks like.
This particular batch has salmon, tuna, sweet potato, red potato, pumpkin, nori (seaweed), feta cheese, cottage cheese, hard-boiled eggs, egg shell (for calcium), apples, broccoli, and maybe one or two other ingredients.  I measure out her serving size and freeze them. I make several varieties/recipes so that she has a varied diet.

Bone appetit!   :D   Dawn/RoseMorninStar

3 comments:

  1. Oooo, Pippin eats quite well.
    Do you use leftover turkey in it, too?

    I like how you set up the shot and it's very colorful, too.

    Happy Thanksgiving!!

    Calma

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really a feast for puppy! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pippin eats like a king...or queen, royalty any way. :D

    That looks different from what I had in my head about the food that you make for Pippin.

    If I liked salmon, I might even drool. ;)

    Jules

    ReplyDelete