Thursday, August 11, 2011

223/365 Stockholm



I love Stockholm, it's very much a perfect city in terms of what I like in a city. It's not too big to be walkable, but still spacious and not over-crowded. It's clear and clean and people are easy-going and pleasant. It's built on a number of islands between the estuary of a river and the coast of the Baltic, and the water that stretches in between the islands makes the city sparkle when the sun is out. In spite of some new buildings, there is much historic architecture in warm colours and varying shapes.

We just spent a long weekend there - we had some rain and half the time it was cloudy, but the sun did come out at times. Here's a view of the skyline of the old town, seen from the sailing ship that serves as a cafe, anchored at the island Skeppsholm, a quiet, green island with hostels and academies in between the shopping centre island to the north and the old town island to the south. I think the backlight works very well here - the digital camera doesn't always deal so well with backlight, so I'm quite pleased with how this one came out. :)

4 comments:

  1. Another place that I would love to visit some day. Great photo Hobby!! :

    If you read this, please check your TORC mail, I have some information for you there.

    If you are going to the Oxford moot, have a great time.

    ((hugs))
    Jules

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty, Hobby. :D
    I like how the city is back lit.

    Calma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful view there!! I cant wait to visit some of the areas of Europe that you folks keep showing us. I hope that someday we get to tour and visit some of you folks and these areas!!

    Vana

    ReplyDelete