Friday, August 19, 2011

231/365 What? More butterflies???

hee. 
The other day when I went to check out the butterfly bush, I found not one…. but TWO…  ‘Red-spotted Purples’ (yes, that is their name).  Perhaps they were traveling as a pair! 
As you can see, the underside has reddish spots and a white edge, but the topside of the wings are black with a lovely blue/white edge.





Will there be more butterfly photos?  Who knows??  If I remember to take my camera outside with me every time, I may get a shot of a Monarch!   Or a Viceroy!  Or…


....Tooks in Southcentral PA!

2 comments:

  1. That ties it all up with a bow.
    Next year, I'm planting a butterfly bush!
    They are soooo pretty.

    Calma

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I ever tire of seeing beautiful butterfly's. If you see a monarch...snap one of those...love monarchs.

    This fellow is beautiful...bluish/purple with white trim and red polka dots. :D Nature is very colorful sometimes.

    Great photos.

    Jules

    ReplyDelete