Saturday, August 20, 2011

232/365 - First crop of the year



I bought some herbs a few months ago, and they've been growing fast (apart from the thyme and rosemary, which are obviously slower growers). One of my oregano plants has taken off, and so I decided it was time to cut some off. I don't have an airing cupboard in this house, so finding a place with good air circulation and not much sunlight is rather difficult. I settled on our bedroom, and hung the oregano from a wind chime that is itself hanging from the end of our curtain pole. :) We'll see how well it works. :D

This is Origanum vulgare 'Aureum Crispum' and I'm hoping that I get it dried properly. There's nothing better than using something from your own garden. Here's hoping that I manage to keep it going over the winter too. :D I suspect that my window sill are going to be full of plants!

3 comments:

  1. I like the way you set this shot up.
    Hope your herbs do well.

    Calma

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to grow herbage my own self, well done on getting such a great crop of basil!! You will use it up I am sure. :D Picture is great.

    Jules

    ReplyDelete