Thursday, June 30, 2011

181/365 Comfort Food

Our daughter left for Japan yesterday, so over this past week I made some of her favorite foods. This photo is of 'Sunday Brunch'  which consisted of a Bacon-Spinach quiche, banana bread muffins & a fresh berry medley. 

The night before she left, I made something we had tried at a restaurant in Boston; a flour-less chocolate cake. And it is to die for. It's sort of like a truffle.. it's very rich & velvety, not as sweet or dense as fudge and it has a consistency more like cheesecake, but it's not cheesecake. I originally served it with raspberries, but the photo didn't turn out, so it's shown here with strawberries.                                   Bon Appetite!
                                          Dawn/RoseMorninStar

4 comments:

  1. Rose, both pictures look lovely enough to eat off the screen here.

    I particularly love the rustic look of your quiche, I bet it was tasty. The orchids are lovely as well.

    Thanks for the recipe for the flourless chocolate cake, I am for sure going to make that.

    BTW it appears we have VERY similar flatware. :D

    Jules

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, delicious!

    And your orchid looks amazing. :)

    I'm going to snag the chocolate cake too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks yummy, and the table with the orchid is just beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those all look amazing! I especially love the fruit medley--it looks so nice set out like that. We usually just toss our fruit salad in a bowl! :P

    ReplyDelete