Thursday, September 8, 2011

251/365 City Bathing




















Last Saturday, the weather was really summerly once more. My sweetheart and I went for a walk and a little picnic along this particularly nice part of the river. It's between a major freight port to the north and the city centre in the south - and the banks are partly green and partly beachy, and people come to swim and sunbathe and barbecue - apparently, the water is quite clean again (after the last 30 years have seen big steps in the battle against industrial pollution).

What I liked about this shot was how the bathers are in front of one of the many freight ships that go up and down the river all the time - it's almost a little surreal that both should be possible side by side, but it's so nice that it is. :D

2 comments:

  1. I love swimming. It was my favorite sport activity growing up. Probably because it was the one thing I could do well. :D:D:D

    It's a cool picture with the swimmers and the freighter sharing the space.

    Calma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely shot, Hobby!! You are right it is very interesting that people will swim right with the hauling ships. But when it is warm, any water will do I should think. :D

    Thanks,

    Jules

    ReplyDelete