Friday, September 23, 2011

266/365 - Pandora's London

Hello all!  As my first photo here I thought I would share with you one of my favourite views of London!  This was taken two nights ago from the tallest bar in London - and possibly the UK - Centre Point.  If you look closely, you can even see the curvature of the Earth!  See how many landmarks you can spot :D



And then, carrying on the city theme, here is a photo from just this afternoon, of Trafalgar Square - an event celebrating Malaysia.  Unfortunately the photo doesn't convey the sounds and scents of the Malaysian cooking stalls lining the edges of the square, but it was fabulous - and on stage you can just make out the dancers in traditional dress.

~ Pandora ~


6 comments:

  1. Wow, I'd never heard of that tall building - looks great! *makes note for next visit* :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely picture, Pandora.
    Welcome to the 365!
    Hope you have more for next Friday.
    The only landmark I could spot was the wheel.

    Calma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Monika, it was a private members' club only until quite recently, so even many Londoners don't know about it! The building is mainly offices, with a separate entrance for the bar and restaurant.

    Calma, there are a few - can you see Westminster Abbey and the Houses of Parliament in the top right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great shots Pandora. Love the festival too.

    Welcome to our little photo part of the virtual world. Hope you will post here with us often.

    Jules/rwhen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wait! You mean the world isn't flat?????

    ;)

    ~Tooks

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to visit London someday!!! I do hope that you will be willing to show me around. I love these pictures hon!!

    Vana

    ReplyDelete