Thursday, September 1, 2011

244/365 Morning Mist

Early this morning there was a lovely mist in our yard. It burned off quickly, but I got a few shots in before it was completely gone.  In my opinion, this is the best time of year to 'deck-chat.' I wish you could all come  visit & sit for a cuppa tea, coffee or lemonade.
In this photo you might be able to see  that I have  flowers & ivy growing in the front of the box and  spinach growing in the back.
 This is my shade garden. 
It's looking a bit sad this year as it's been dry. I've been trying to keep it watered, but a sprinkler is no substitute for a good rain. 

The dark green leaves you can see  are from a great maple tree that I like to call 'The Party Tree'. You cannot see the trunk in this photo, but it is a massive, majestic tree. You can also spot our new free-standing fence in the distance. So far, it has been keeping the neighbors dog out of our yard.

Dawn/RoseMorninStar


4 comments:

  1. Oooooh pretty morning photos, Rosie!! I love your flowers all around the yard and the deck!!

    You know that I would be happy to sit and share a cuppa with you any ol' time!!

    Glad the fence seems to be working to keep the pooh on the right side so to speak!!

    Great shots!!

    Jules

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely mist! :) I'd love to drop by for a cuppa tea. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty.
    Love a misty morning.

    Calma

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous. I envy your garden (and am also not in the slightest bit jealous, as my gardening skills would just not be up to it!). :) But I'd join you for a cuppa and a natter any time. :)

    ReplyDelete