Saturday, September 24, 2011

267/365 - Summer colour

Okay, so today I spent most of it in bed due to picking my parents up at the airport at silly o'clock this morning and also working a night shift tonight. As a result, I don't have any photos. In fact, I haven't taken any all week. So I present to you a photo taken earlier in the year. :)

About a month ago, my car was (once again!) making funny noises, so instead of driving it up the hill to my house after work, I parked it at the bottom of the hill in an empty car park (which also happens to be where I leave it when it snows) so that I could take it to the garage the next day without having to negotiate the bumps and lumps on my local road.

I've only really seen the car park covered in snow, so seeing all the greenery was a bit of a surprise. There was this beautiful rose bush flowering impressively, and I had to take a photo. (Sorry it's a bit blurry - I took it on my phone.)

3 comments:

  1. Pretty rose, heliona.
    Always nice to see a bit of color around asphalt.

    Calma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very lovely rose in the car park. I think the phone took a pretty dang good photo actually. :D

    Thanks,

    Jules

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! Now that is a beautiful rose hon. I love the pink tips with the yellow center. Is that an Angelique Rose??

    Vana

    ReplyDelete