Thursday, September 22, 2011

265/365 Tea for two or two for tea?

Recently I picked up some Primula brand 'flowering tea'. The tea ball 'blooms' as it opens when boiling water is poured over it. Each tea 'flower' makes several pots. I thought it was rather novel and something pretty to serve when one has guests.

I sent a glass tea pot with some flowering teas as a gift to the family in Japan that hosted my daughter for a few days. (I hope they like it!)

The tea pictured is a green tea &Jasmine. Some of the flowers also have vanilla flavor, etc..
I found this teapot at the local resale shop for $3.00. It looked brand new.. I believe the characters are for Good fortune, Prosperity, and Longevity, but I am not sure.

The other items pictured are some things our daughter brought home from Japan; a fan, and two hand made traditional tea cups. In the foreground are two 5 yen go-en coins.. worth about 5 cents. They have a hole in the middle and are often considered good fortune for relationships because the word for 'good relationships' is also pronounced 'go-en'.

Dawn/RoseMorninStar

4 comments:

  1. Not a tea person myself, but that flowering tea looks gorgeous. It would be just too cool to set on the table for afternoon tea.

    Loved the pics, Rose.

    Calma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both tea pots are really pretty. I gave a gift of flowering tea last Christmas and it was well received so I hope the family in Japan loves it as well.

    Yummy photos!!

    Jules

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool pics hon!! I love tea pots and the flower tea looks absolutely fascinating and I would love to try it. Thank you for the pictures today!!

    Vana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely things! :D I think flowering tea is pretty cool, too, but you need a pretty pot to show it in, like the one you have there. :D

    ReplyDelete