Sunday, July 31, 2011

212/365 - Future Garden Spot

This is the area that the Landlord said we can use to build our garden for next year. We need to do some serious weeding and then build up some edges or a box to contain the garden so that when the rains come it wont wash out our nice fresh top soil.

It is going to take us all year to get the weeds and the roots out of the area and maybe to evict the bunny that lives there but I think it will turn out to be a good area for tomatoes and some other veggies that I would love to grow.

Vana

Photo taken in our backyard Bow, WA.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, that's a project and a half! But I know that when you start with something like that you, can easily see the progress that you make, which is always nice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed it will take a bunch of work to get it where you can grow the veggies, but what a treat once you are there. Going to be fun doing the project I should think. :D

    Jules

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like a huge area but I don't really believe it is that big but I am sure when we start working it that it will feel the size of a football field till we get it done. ;)

    I think it will just make the entire area look so much better and the landlord will like that they don't have these weeds and roots to deal with anymore.

    Vana

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it looks quite pretty already - I'd just put a few garden lounge chairs in it, and voilĂ , all the garden one needs.
    Ok, maybe plant something for a little shade and a few berry-shrubs. :D

    ReplyDelete