Saturday, October 8, 2011

281/365 - New addition to the kitchen

I posted that I'd bought a kitchen trolley-type thing on Thursday. I put it to good use Friday afternoon whilst I was preparing dinner and thought it would be a good thing to photograph - particularly since I'm working all day on Saturday. (I'm posting this late Friday night and will post-date it for Saturday.)

Kitchen trolley with carrots and potatoes

The tub on the radiator is an old ice cream tub that I use to put rubbish in whilst I'm chopping things, as it is easier to transport them to the bin that way (we don't have a compost heap unfortunately - nowhere to put one or to use the contents either!).

The ugly yellow thing next to it is the sponge I use to clean the car. It generally sits on the radiator as I put it there to dry out after washing the car, but now I've got the trolley there, I think I'll move it!

In the background are two old, out-of-print cooking books that my mother swears by and I've come to love (I got these two of an out-of-print online bookstore): "The Love of Cooking" (that's the big one) and "Flour Power", which is all about baking.

The little leopard-print thing is a little chair for my mobile phone. A friend of mine bought it for me years ago and it is extremely handy. :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I like that.
    Lots of places to put things, too.

    Calma

    ReplyDelete
  2. VERY good trolley for a kitchen helper and I love the cute hold for your phone!! :D

    This is going to come in really handy for you.

    Jules

    ReplyDelete