Saturday, October 29, 2011

302/365 - A concert photo

For his birthday, I bought Wilko tickets to The Complete Stone Roses, a Stone Roses tribute band that come highly recommended - so much so that one of the original Stone Roses' band members has played with them on occasion. We went to see them on Saturday night.

They were brilliant and it was a great gig. They played my favourite song, which wasn't necessarily a given (Wilko's favourite song is I Am The Resurrection which both the Stone Roses and the Complete Stone Roses end with, so we knew he'd get to hear his!). I did video it, but the sound is rather awful, so it's going to be need a lot of touching up, if I can even manage it.

This photo isn't fabulous because we weren't that close to the stage (I had elected to stand on a box next to the lighting man, out of the way, so that I could see (I ended up being as tall as Wilko ... no Gimli and Legolas references! ;)) which turned out to be a good thing since by the end the crowd were bouncing about and the beer was flying. The floor was soaking after the gig!

The finale to the Complete Stone Roses gig



Edited to add some information about The Stone Roses (copied from my post on TORC, if you think it looks familiar! ;)):

The wiki page on The Stone Roses. They were a Manchester band that pioneered an alternative rock revival out of Manchester in the 80s and early 90s, called Madchester. The music (as opposed to the singing) is really good (if you're into indie/rock). They were pretty influential here in the UK, although I'm not sure whether they - or the bands that were formed as a result of The Stone Roses - made it across the Pond.

2 comments:

  1. Not bad from a phone. Love the blue.
    Glad you and Wilko had a good time.

    Calma

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blue is really brilliant. I don't know this band I am afraid, but thrilled that you and Wilko enjoyed it so much.

    Jules

    ReplyDelete