Monday, October 24, 2011

297/365: Fibre fest


On Saturday I went to the Ann Arbor Fibre Festival with luthienelflover (pictured above) and her mom. Along with booths and booths full of awesome yarns, fibres, rovings, etc., there were also angora rabbits and stalls with sheep, alpacas, and ... Humphrey the camel. This was my first encounter with a camel and I was surprised at how huge he was! But also very fuzzy and surprisingly friendly--he was loving all the attention and also trying to get into Luthy's shopping backs to see what she'd bought. :D


So much pretty yarn!!
Ann Arbor, MI

~Sil

2 comments:

  1. Not what I expected to see. Humphrey looks cute, but I think I would have given him a wide birth. I've heard about camels spitting and all.

    Love the yarns and Luthy trying to keep her purchases safe and sound.

    Calma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there's Woofty!!! Lovely to see her again and I KNOW that she must have gone crazy shopping there - that gal loves her yarns. :D

    Sounds like it was a very fun day for you ladies. And I also like Humphrey...great name for a camel. :D

    Jules

    ReplyDelete