Saturday, January 15, 2011

15/365 - First fuchsia bloom



I have three fuchsia plants that I brought indoors for the winter. As instructed, I clipped them down to almost nothing (you can see the skeleton branches). To my surprise about a month ago, three blooms appeared. Only one lasted (the other two fell off) and this is the result. It should be dark pink as opposed the pale pink it is at the moment, but I suspect that may have something to do with sunlight, or lack thereof. :)

However, I'm very impressed that these plants appear to be thriving, as I thought I'd killed them!

And what's more, this photo was taken today! :)

4 comments:

  1. When it comes to flowers, I have a very brown thumb. Had I cut a plant back as far as you did, I would have killed it big time.

    But look at that bloom. :)
    Very pretty and it's a harbinger of Spring!

    Cool pic, heliona.

    Calma...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a really pretty blossom. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at the sweet bloom. I remember you telling me of doing the cutting back on the fuchsia!! I think you are going to be full of bloom some summer. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. It however fall off a few days later. Oh, well, at least it means that the plant is putting its energy into growing!

    ReplyDelete