Tuesday, January 4, 2011

4/365: Tuesday, January 4, 2011


This place is only about 1 mile from where I live.  It is a orchard/farm market and is open year round.

I love having a place so close that sells fresh fruits and vegies in season!!  Some things are more expensive than in the grocery stores (short season fruits like strawberries and raspberries), but others cost much less (like apples, pears, peaches, beets, lettuce, concord grapes, etc.....).

Another plus.... at least I know where my food is coming from! 

Oh yea, and their cider is pretty good too. 




-Tooks

3 comments:

  1. Hey Tooks, great photo. I have a farmers market that is open year around very close to me as well. I love knowing where the food is coming from and that it is locally supported.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Orchards! I looove orchards! And farmers' markets. Anything that involves fresh fruit and homemade goods... yum. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that's great that you have that nearby. (And your ski always seems so blue!)

    ReplyDelete