Saturday, January 22, 2011

22/365: A snowy morning in Lodz

Snowy morning

Well, I am VERY glad that I got to take some photos in the snow. I was sure I'd missed it this year. I never had time to ride out of town and go walking in the forest when it was snowy, and then everything started melting. But on that morning...

Pure luck, really. I would have still been asleep at nine, not somewhere on the edge of town taking photos, if I didn't have a horse riding class that day. You wouldn't think so, but the easiest way for me to get to the stables is to take the bus all the way to the airport and then walk across the fields. And I think from now on I will take the earlier bus and wander around the birchwood for a bit every time I go. :)

(if you click the photo you'll go to my flickr stream where there are other pretty winter shots)

-Rodia

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful picture, Rodia!

    I went to your flickr stream and loved the one titled Birchwood. (the first one.)

    Calma

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great shot, Ro. Love the misty snowy look. I didn't know you are learning to ride horseback!! Enjoy.

    Jules

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suuuuuch a pretty area, and a great photo, Ro! I also went and checked out all of the ones on Flickr--beauuuutiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, I love the photo. Love the way the white of the snow on the trees kind of fades into the white of the sky. :D

    ReplyDelete