Wednesday, January 5, 2011

6/365 These are a few of my Favorite things...

About 8 years ago we were vacationing in the Western United States. While we were in Colorado,  at the very top of Estes park in the Rocky mountains, there is a gift shop which had these leaf ornaments coated in iridescent copper that I found so naturally beautiful and so delicate  that I had to have a few. I liked them so much that I have several hanging around the house year 'round because I cannot bear to part with their beauty after the holidays.
Different leaf types come with their own 'meaning'... for example, Cottonwood leaves, which look like a heart=Lightheartedness,  Oak=Wisdom & Longevity, Sugar Maple=Essence of Tranquility,  Birch=Security & Success, Aspen=Imagination & Creativity
They make me smile every time I look at them.. so I guess I could say Leaves=Happiness <3

Dawn/RoseMorninStar

3 comments:

  1. Rosie, these are beautiful. Very shineh!! I would keep them out all year as well.

    Jules

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember seeing these when we went out west, too! Soooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw something very similar - it was jewellery: necklaces, earrings - when we went to York and there was a Christmas Market on. They do dip actual leaves into the metal (be it copper, gold, or silver) and the result are these amazing leaves. They are so beautiful and your photograph is gorgeous.

    This is the website for the jewellery.

    ReplyDelete