Thursday, January 20, 2011

20/365 Oasis In The Desert

If you look up the word 'Oasis' in the dictionary.. it should say 'Agua Caliente park'.  It is a quintessential Oasis in the Desert located just northeast of Tucson, Arizona nestled in a corner between the Catalina and Rincon mountain ranges.

Agua Caliente means 'hot water' in Spanish and the water from the natural spring is said to be about 87 F (30.5 C) year round, the temperature in the small lake is not that warm.  You cannot swim or fish here, but there is an abundance of wildlife and whenever we visit Tuscon we always stop here for a hike, a picnic, or simply to take photos. It's a gorgeous spot.

I was able to post a photo on the 'runners up' page.. so check it out!

Dawn /RoseMorninStar

3 comments:

  1. Both pictures are really great. I especially love this first one, it indeed does look like an oasis. I don't doubt that this would be a must see when visiting Tuscon.

    Thanks,
    Jules

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well don't tell the ducks they cant swim there cause they would ignore you. :P

    I love this picture hon!! Very serene and tranquil! A true oasis!

    Vana

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this picture!
    I can't put my finger on why, I just do.

    Calma

    ReplyDelete