Sunday, January 23, 2011

23/365 Somewhere Over the Rainbow!


Oh the beauty of our area!!! I love when it rains here or I should say when it is stopping raining and the sun comes out. I don't remember ever seeing a double or triple rainbow till I moved to this area. But double rainbows are common though I still love to see them. This double is not very bright yet but shortly after taking this picture and when I could not get a good shot of it again, it got very bright. We could see the entire double very vividly from end to end. We were driving home when we saw and photographed this. Its a narrow road so we had to drive on down because of traffic and the farther we got the fainter they both got till we lost them both. I truly wish we could have found a road to turn off on that would have allowed us to picture both of the rainbows end to end vividly. It was so AWESOME!!!!

If you want the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, you will definitely want to visit this little farm. It appears the end of the rainbow is right in the roof of their home. :D

Vana

6 comments:

  1. ...bluebirds fly... :)

    Beautiful picture, Vana, though you are letting everyone world wide in on our Northwest secrets.
    You should probably stop doing that, y'know. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love rainbows, for many reasons, but the first is that they're just SO pretty and unexpected. It's like nature is saying, hey, remember there's all these colours out there, even if you're poor as a mouse and stuck in the mud, you can look at this rainbow, you don't need to be a king.

    :) Really good shot, too, Vana.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Calma you crack me up hon!! :D

    Rodia thank you! Maybe that is why I love them so much? They are free and make all men equal. No one can own it and it is there for us all. There is just so much beauty in nature and so many just don't take the time to stop and just enjoy the free entertainment!! :D

    Vana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent shot of the rainbow Vanadarlin' - well spotted and well shot. I love how it ends right on that persons home. I wonder if they were there to know it.

    :D ((hugs))

    Jules

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think I've ever seen a rainbow actually end somewhere--that's really cool!

    Also, DOUBLE RAINBOW!! ...internet ridiculousness, anyone?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like Sil said, I don't think I've ever seen a rainbow actually hit the ground and so close by, too. Very impressive. :D

    ReplyDelete