Monday, January 17, 2011

17/365 -- Zingerman's


This is the storefront of Zingerman's Delicatessen, a (fairly famous) deli near my apartment. The Zingerman's in the picture is the deli and bakery, but they also have a cafe, dairy, and restaurant at various places throughout Ann Arbor. The food is incredible, but pretty expensive, especially for underpaid graduate students! They do, however, have huge pretzel sticks for $1, which are probably also really expensive when you think about it, but at $1 I don't feel like I'm spending a ton of money like I would buying a $15 sandwich. Perhaps I'll take a picture of one some day...

I study at the cafe (which is right next door to the deli) sometimes, including yesterday, when it was as busy as ever--I felt a little bad taking up a table for four with my computer and books. ;) I was also not the only person taking pictures of it as I went by--it's something of a tourist attraction for people from out of town.

Pictures of the interior can be found on the Runner Ups page.

Location: Ann Arbor, MI

~Sil

5 comments:

  1. So good to see the Runner-ups page being used! :D

    And the bread does look yummy! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed, I am not sure HOW to use it yet, but I should have used it last week.

    This place looks totally inviting and yummy, Sil.

    :D Sweet!! Enjoy the pretzel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like it should be on a movie set. It looks amazing though, and I want to try one of these $15 sammiches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ann Arbor m00t, let's do it!

    ...actually, I remember once when we did do a m00t in AA--can't recall who all was there, unfortunately, but we went to the farmer's market which is basically across the street, and then Luthy's mom gave us money and we went to Zingerman's and had not-$15 sandwiches and drinks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A bit of New York in Michigan. :)

    Love the composition.

    Calma

    ReplyDelete