Saturday, January 29, 2011

29/365 - Tooks' pressie!



As promised, a photo of the present that Tooks sent me. :)

It is currently residing on top of my Tolkien bookshelf. What you can see in the photo is:

- the glass things either side of the spider are tea-light candle holders
- the Argonath either side of the photo
- the item in the frame is a card that I bought in Martha's Vineyard which as a Border Collie trotting purposefully down a lane with the words "All who wander are not lost" as "quoted" from JRR Tolkien (Yes, I know it's wrong, but I loved the photo!).
- behind that is a print-out of the map of Middle-earth, which I'm using to track the journey in the role-playing thread I'm posting in (although it's not very hard since we've not left Bree yet!)

And there you have it. :)

5 comments:

  1. See what happens when you put them in water...

    They get real big and grow purple hair... 0.0

    Y'know everytime I see the Argonath my mind pictures the Supremes singing "Stop in the Name of Love".
    I know, I know, it's just me being me.

    Nice shot, heliona. Love the way you set it up.
    And where can I get that map?

    Calma

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!!! Calma that is great and yes I see it too!!!

    Heliona I love your LoTR table or Tolkien Bookshelf. :thumbsup: Nice very nice indeed!!!

    Boy is that spider PURPLE!!!! :O

    Vana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Calma, I think I got it from here: http://www.douglas.eckhart.btinternet.co.uk/maps.html

    I just printed it off. :)

    And Vana, yes, it is purple! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Helen, now why am I not surprised that Tooks sent you a spider??? ;) Great set up there, love how it looks. :D And the photo from MV is excellent.

    Jules

    ReplyDelete