Tuesday, March 1, 2011

60/365 - It's a hit!


I'm pretty sure this game was my dad's when he was a kid.  Or it was obtained in a yard sale somewhere.  Or maybe both.  Either way, I'm never getting rid of it, partly because you can't beat the classic Battleship gameplay, but mostly because I think the art on the front of the (1967) box is hilarious!

Just think about it: Father and Son are bonding over a game that simulates modern warfare, and are using ship designs that aren't actually in the game (it isn't missing any pieces, by the way); meanwhile Mother and Daughter are doing the dishes in the background, smiling all the way.

Isn't it just so quaint?

-Krawler

5 comments:

  1. I like to play this game.
    I stink at it, but I like to play it. :D

    Wow, not a piece missing either.
    Quaint is a good word for it.

    Neat picture, Krawler.

    Calma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heeeehehehehee, quaint indeed! I especially love Father's expression!

    ReplyDelete
  3. krawler, I used to have this game, the exact one and spent countless hours playing it with my brother when we were kids. I wish we still had it.

    Classic!! "You sunk my battleship". :D

    Jules

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember when this game came out! Oh ouch I just dated myself. Oh well, it was a great game and I much prefer it to the electronic version now. A Classic indeed!!!

    I don't think I ever really noticed the odd things on the box like the faces and what the girls were doing. Sure tells you how things have changed. Great photo idea there!!

    Vana

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the game, but, yes, the box is hilarious. :D

    ReplyDelete