Thursday, March 3, 2011

62/365 Libraries: The medicine chest of the soul.

I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library.  ~Jorge Luis Borges

  
This is our wonderful public library.
It is a wonder-filled place... as all libraries are, filled with adventures and dreams,
advice and entertainment and facts and figures. 
Our library has come under siege in the last year or two but it is weathering the storm. 
Thank goodness.

I cannot imagine a finer place.. you can take books and tapes and movies and magazines home and enjoy them in comfort.. and then, return them and move on to the next adventure! 
All for free!
I <3 Libraries.

Dawn/RoseMorninStar

4 comments:

  1. Great looking library you have there!! It also looks rather new, but looks can be deceiving.

    I am so happy that you get such pleasure from all the many things it offers you.

    Jules

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photo, lovely looking library!

    Is it normal in the US for public libraries to be free? Not even membership fees?

    Here, public libraries have a membership fee, only church libraries are free. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know that here as long as you live in the city limits you can use the library of that town for free. Of course I can not vouch for the rest of the country. Now that I live out in the country, I wont tell them and I can continue to use my library card. :D

    I love the library!! Great place to photograph!!

    Vana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice looking building.
    Our library is just a little building near the docks.
    The one in Bremerton is nice looking, though.

    Calma

    ReplyDelete