Monday, March 7, 2011

66/365: Gazebo


I passed this several times while I was home on "spring" break and finally had to stop and take some photos of it because it was such a cool contrast of winter and summer. This is in a field next to a local church; it's where they do their summer sharecrop garden, and I assume the gazebo here is part of that, but it's very clean and doesn't look like it's been buried under all the snow, so maybe it was meant for something else?

Location: Hudsonville, MI

~Sil

3 comments:

  1. Hmmm, the way it's decorated makes me think of a wedding, but all that white stuff around it would make for a mighty chilly ceremony.

    But I like how this looks.
    Rather stark, but lovely all the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cool thing is that there are no tracks leading to it, so it doesn't seem possible that anyone could have cleaned it- it looks like it was dropped in from a summer by mistake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like Calma said, to me it looks like something for a wedding with the decorations, but too pristine. Lovely shot Sil.

    Jules

    ReplyDelete