Tuesday, March 22, 2011

81/365 Another sign of Spring!

This past weekend I had the opportunity to take a walk along a path by the Conococheague Creek in Franklin Co. (yeah, near Scotland, PA).  I noticed some ‘flighty’ activity nearby, and found a crabapple tree was a lure for a flock of Cedar Waxwings!  Here is one pic that came out pretty well.  We don’t see these birds around here much, and this was the first time I had my camera with me to take a photo.   w00t!!111



~Tooks in Southcentral PA

5 comments:

  1. Very cool Tooks. I don't recall seeing that sort of birdie around this part of the planet. And the tree is budding. SWEET.

    Jules

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the birdies hon!!!! Very cool bird, I don't think I have ever seen one like it. Oh lookie the buds of spring!!!!

    Vana

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice! i love bird shots too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice shot, Tooks. :D
    Almost like it posed for you.

    Calma

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! :D As always, I love your knack for getting pics of elusive critters. I wonder if maybe among themselves they go 'It's a Tookish Traveller, no worries, sit still and have your picture taken...' :D

    ReplyDelete