Thursday, March 10, 2011

69/365 Shrove Tuesday Parade

The main parade in the city centre was on Monday, but many of the suburbs have their own parades, often on the Sunday, but sometimes on the Tuesday, as has always been the way in my suburb. It may make it harder for people to attend, but the true carnival fan takes the carnival days off anyway, and, to my mind, Shrove Tuesday (or Pancake Tuesday or Mardi Gras, depending on where you live) is the right day to celebrate the carnival.

So, here's a shot of the parade going down the street past my balcony - I was watching it from there.

I picked this shot because you can see a float, and the candy/flower storage on top of it and how people on the float throw the candy, plus a view of the costumed crowd and the view I have from my balcony. :D

And as it's Lent now, that'll be it with the carnival photos from me now. :D ;)

3 comments:

  1. GREAT picture. Love the float and what a tidy area you live it. Clean. I always like to see pictures of homes in other countries. :D

    Were you too far away to catch any candy?

    Jules

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this picture darlin. It looks like a great fun time for everyone!! Thank you for sharing Hobby darlin.

    Vana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, guys! :D

    Jules, yes, no candy up there. Better for me anyway. ;) :D

    ReplyDelete