Thursday, March 3, 2011

62/365 Wieverfastelovend



Today is Wieverfastelovend - that's dialect for Weiberfastnacht - which means the women's carnival. It's the beginning of the outdoor revelries, and the inner city was one big party.
I wasn't there, just went out for some errands, and got some pics of people in costume in my shopping street. Thought this was the nicest one. About one in five was in costume today, just doing their shopping or working in the shops. Of course, it was a bit deserted because everybody else was in town partying.
(I'm also a bit shy about taking pics of people, so this was the best I could manage. ;) )

3 comments:

  1. Very cool that they have fun days like these!! I love the photo hon!! :thumbsup:

    Vana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that she's having a good time.
    Not a bad looking costume either...

    Calma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a very fun time, Monika!! :D Too bad that you weren't able to go to the big party too.

    ((hugs))
    Jules

    ReplyDelete