Wednesday, March 30, 2011

90/365 No Water at Whitewater!

Ridin' the waves?
Birge Waterfountain, Whitewater, Wisconsin

When I took my daughter back to University this week I decided to take a photo of the water fountain.
I love all of the colors that are to be found in the copper.
The fountain was donated to the town on July 4th, 1903 by Julius Birge.
At the time , it was one of the largest fountains in the country.  I find that especially odd since
Whitewater is a very small town.
This photo is a part of the bottom section.
Perhaps I'll take another photo in Summer-when there is water in it!

Dawn/RoseMorninStar

5 comments:

  1. Rose I love old fountains!! I think they are so interesting and so very detailed for when they were made. It seems that details don't matter to most folks now a days but I love intricate things were back then. Love it!!

    Vana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool fountain. I would also love to see it when the water is running. I suppose it would just freeze up in your winters there. Lovely patina from the copper. Great photo.

    Jules

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colours time and the water has given to the figures. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um. I don't wanna be the pervert in the group but what is that between the sprite-boy's legs? Casting mistake? Or...er...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't like it.

    No, not the picture, but the statue.

    Not a big fan of water work statues.
    I think they're grotesque and the "art" is just downright weird...

    Calma

    ReplyDelete