Wednesday, February 2, 2011

33/365: The Fab Four and More






Photo taken at the office in Vancouver WA.  Double click to make larger and see clearer.

Most of you know that I am a Beatles fan-atic, right by my desk I have photos up of (from right to left) George Harrison, an early photo of the Beatles and the far left is a photo of 1964: A Beatles Tribute Band. They sent me a signed picture after I met them last year.  Too bad the one who looks like John got washed by the flash on the camera, he is the one that looks the most like the character he portrays.

I got to hear the Beatles outside of the Las Vegas Convention Center in 1965.  Silly mother thought that we could go there and get tickets the night they played.  I didn't hear any music, but I sure heard a lot of screaming until we decided to go.

Two years ago for my birthday my brother, as a surprise, drove me to Vancouver BC to see 1964: A Beatles Tribute Band.  They are exceptional.  If you haven't seen them and they come to your area, be sure to go.  If you squint your eyes, they look very much like the real deal and they sound almost exactly like them.  It is a night of great fun, loads of singing with the audience and group and laughs.

The picture that is in the center top is of me and my X in a band we used to have called "Class Action".  That picture was taken at an Elks Hall in Bluefield, West Virginia many moons ago now.  We were a variety band and we billed ourselves as playing everything from Metalica to My Girl.  I played keyboards and guitar and sang about 1/3 of the songs.  It was great fun most of the time, the rest it was a whole bunch of work.

Enjoy.

Jules

2 comments:

  1. Jules that is Awesome hon!! I was never a huge Beatles fan but I so remember when they first hit the shores of the USA!! My sisters were so into them. Love seeing the pic of your old band too!

    Vana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I remember sitting in front of the tv waiting for Ed Sullivan to begin.
    Then they came on and I was hooked for life.
    George Harrison stole my heart right away.
    But the music...
    Oh, the music. *sigh*

    I always wanted to be in a band.
    Just two little things held me back.
    1) don't know how to play an instrument.
    2) can't sing a lick....

    Cool pics..

    Calma

    ReplyDelete