Monday, February 14, 2011

45/365: Downtown




How about that, two evening-time, street-lamp-lit photos in a row!

I snapped this whilst sitting in my car at a stoplight, mostly because the tree with the Christmas lights was so pretty; the blur of a car whooshing through the intersection was an added bonus and is the reason I wanted to post this picture--my first successful "car blur" photo! ....yes, I know, my aspirations in photography are not so high. ;)

Anyhow, this is downtown Ann Arbor on a Saturday night; I honestly can't say whether the trees are lit up like that all year round or only during the winter, because I rarely get downtown during the summer (something for me to do more of this summer). I have, though, been to the shop on the right, Ten Thousand Villages, which is a fair-trade store that sells all sorts of fun jewelry and other things I probably shouldn't buy!

Location: Ann Arbor, MI


~Sil

4 comments:

  1. Hey Sil, this is a great photo. The car blur looks like "Back To The Future". :D Excellent.

    Jules

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I would LOVE a shop like that! And spend WAY more $ than I should.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this might be my favourite of the year so far! The blur has worked out perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome shot of the car zipping by. I also love shops like that. I have a think for shopping in little shops that have hidden treasures to find. Or great bargains to enjoy!

    Vana

    ReplyDelete