Sunday, February 27, 2011

58/365 - Ryan's Car the night of the first snow shower

This was Ryan's car top with the pile of snow that survived the 12 mile drive home. I did not believe that it could have been two feet of snow that day but when I got to work the following morning, I got to see it for myself. I was amazed that we had gotten that much snow in town. It just isn't normal for us to get more then a few inches and then have it melt. So this was a big storm for us and really did cause a stir and a stop to almost all traffic and business.

Vana

3 comments:

  1. That is a ton of snow. How does it look now?

    ((hugs))

    Jules

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to get the new pics taken so you can see the difference!

    Vana

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I can say is:
    Better thee than me... :P

    During that terrible December of 2008, I saw lots of cars with the snow piled up on their roofs. (I always scrape my off.)
    I was driving home one afternoon and while stopped at the light I saw a little car with a load of snow on the top. He came to a sudden stop at the light and the snow slid right off the top onto the hood.
    The guy nearly panicked. He had so much snow blocking his windshield, he couldn't use his wipers to clear it. He had to get out and scrape it off. Blocked the lane for about 4 minutes. People were ticked...

    I just laughed...

    Calma....

    ReplyDelete