Wednesday, February 9, 2011

40/365: Music! Music! Music!






Photo just taken in my Brothers home in Vancouver, WA.  I don't know how to post it larger, but again, double click to make the picture larger.  I will look into my camera settings before next week.

Many who post with me know that I speak often of singing and playing on holidays with the family.  Well here is where we do that, in the music room.  The baby grand piano in the center was given to my brothers wife Sherri, when she got her Masters in musical theory.  It is old now, but still plays perfect and it is lovely to look at.

On the far left under the guitar cases is a burgundy cello case.  That was a gift to my brothers wife about ten years ago.  She took cello lessons for five years and plays very well.

In the back on the far right is a Marshall stack.  That is a very good amplifier.  This belongs to my brother. On the floor on the right you can see a foot operated mixing board.

I just counted 15 guitars of all varieties.  Electric, bass, acoustic, spanish.  He has a signed Johnny Cash original and a signed Eric Clapton original.  For classical, he prefers his Martin 12 string.

The white book that is standing and facing the camera on the left is the complete Beatles library. 

All the family sings and plays instruments.  So on holidays it is quite a show actually.

I was going to take a picture of Mt. St. Helens for you folks today, but the fog is just not burning off and I don't want to wait too late.  That will wait until next week.

Jules

5 comments:

  1. An AWESOME music room there Rwhen!! I know mine will look nothing like yours but my daughter would envy the Baby Grand!! :D

    Vana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's a music room and a half! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always wanted to play an instrument.
    Sadly, the only thing I can play is the radio.

    Cool pic, rwhen...

    Calma

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's pretty awesome! :D
    And I especially like that there's an edition of Haydn on the piano - one of my favourites, who often gets vastly underappreciated. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. As to the size, Jules, you could try clicking on the pic when you're in the posting window - you should then get the outline and attachment-points where you can place the cursor and drag it to any size you want.
    However, that's a pretty crude method of adjusting the size, and I've just asked on TORC whether blogger allows for anything better. :)

    ReplyDelete